Procrastination.....A Writer's Worst Enemy

>> Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Well it may not be a writer's worst enemy but it's at the top of the list. Procrastination can be a huge setback for a writer and can have a negative impact on their income. It can also block writers' creative process and cause them to miss good opportunities.

This is something that I'm currently dealing with. Sometimes I just don't felt like writing and I've had a hard time coming up with topics to write about. I have come up with a few ways to stop procrastinating. If you are also dealing with this problem, hopefully the following information will be useful for you.

  • To-Do List - I will start using a to-do list so I can keep track of the most important things I need to do. It will help me to focus on important tasks and to spend less time on activities that are time wasters.
  • Schedule - I will use a schedule to figure out the amount of time I should spend writing and to spend my time wisely so I can get more things done.
  • Work on mindset - The purpose of working on my mindset is so I can have a positive outlook and find ways to remind myself of the importance of finishing writing assignments so I won't continue to be a procrastinator. I will improve my mindset by listening to positive audio messages and reading positive books.
Once you figure out the best way to stop procrastinating those creative juices will start to flow again and you will be well on your way to getting back into the zone.


1 comments:

Tina August 18, 2010 at 6:08 AM  

I'm kind of in the same situation and to-do lists have always worked for me in the past. What I've been doing is posting my weekly goals on Sunday night, writing down my goals on an index card so they are right in front of my computer and crossing off as I complete each task. Good luck to you!

Tina @ The Floundering Writer

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP